mdbox and shared \Seen flag

Dmitry Nezhevenko dion at dion.org.ua
Sat Apr 9 17:38:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've just switched mail storage from maildir to mdbox and found it's very
amazing.

The only question I've is related to shared mailboxes. In the past I've
had a few mailboxes that were shared between two users by just symlinking
maildir. So everything was shared including flags and \Seen status. Now I
want to get something like this.

As far as I understand, "shared" namespace will keep \Seen flag private.
So any suggestions how to make \Seen shared?

My idea is to create some 'private' mdbox-based namespace that points to
fixed location on server, that doesn't depends on username?  Is it safe
(in terms of locking, accessing indexes, etc)? I'm 100% sure that nobody
except dovecot will access it.

PS. It's latest version of dovecot.

Thanks.

--