issues with doveadm sieve commands

Michael Grimm trashcan at ellael.org
Sun Apr 10 12:49:36 UTC 2016

Hi

This is dovecot-pigeonhole 0.4.13 and dovecot 2.2.23 at FBSD 10.3-STABLE.

I am used to run doveadm sieve commands for some time now whenever updating a sieve script.

Recently those commands fail with a user set explicitly, e.g.:

	mail> doveadm sieve list -u test
	doveadm(root): Error: User doesn't exist

When asking for all users, I do not run into any error:

	mail> doveadm sieve list -u '*'
	user1 default ACTIVE
	[snip]
	test default ACTIVE

	mail> doveadm sieve list -A
	user1 default ACTIVE
	[snip]
	test default ACTIVE

That is true for all doveadm sieve commands, but other will work, like:

	mail> doveadm user -u test
	userdb: test
	  user      : test
	  mail      : mdbox:/—path-to-maildir--/test

Hmm, any idea what is going on? I do not know when those commands stopped to work, I didn't try to update my sieve scripts for some time now.

Thanks and regards,
Michael