Dovecot and Windows Live Mail 2012?

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Thu Apr 14 10:36:24 UTC 2016

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 18:45:24 -0400, David Mehler stated:

>Hello,
>
>I'm using self-signed certificates, but my CA public key is imported.
>
>I checked the logs and was getting an error about no authentication
>which is probably why it was failing. I then switched to 587 and 993
>ports and now it works, but it's very intermediant, sometimes it
>works, other times not.
>
>If there's a better free windows email client, (please not
>thunderbird), that doesn't have these Microsoft-isms i'd appreciate
>knowing about it.
>
>Thanks.
>Dave.

99% of all the problems I have witnessed with a Windows based MUA is
due to a firewall misconfiguration. Check there first. Also, check the
official documentation for the application, etc. Outlook.com uses 587
and 993 by default, assuming an IMAP connection. Please see this URL
for complete instructions.

https://www.outlook-apps.com/outlook-com-pop-settings/

--
Jerry