Aw: How to filter spam with same to: and from: adress

Infoomatic infoomatic at gmx.at
Thu Apr 14 13:54:29 UTC 2016

This is usually solved within your mta. In most simple setups, the MX server receiving the mails should not accept mails for which it is responsible itself, so your mailserver phyto.qc.ca should not accept mails with "from: any at phyto.qc.ca" from other servers than what you defined (e.g. in "mynetworks" if you are using postfix).
On the other hand, you should make sure that your users cannot send their mails other than that linked to their accounts, so make sure joe at phyto.qc.ca cannot send as maria at phyto.qc.ca ... if you are using postfix, you might have a look at reject_sender_login_mismatch.

hope this helps,

infoomatic