Deliver same E-Mail in same Mailbox only once ?

Heiko Schlittermann hs at schlittermann.de
Wed Apr 20 17:31:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thomas Leuxner <tlx at leuxner.net> (Mi 20 Apr 2016 11:04:22 CEST):
> * Christoph Adomeit <Christoph.Adomeit at gatworks.de> 2016.04.20 10:29:
>
> > Is there a way to deliver  the same Mail in the same Mailbox only once ?
>
> Yes this case is supported via an sieve extension:
> require ["duplicate"];
>

> #Deduplicate mails sent to aliases for same mailbox using the msgid
> if duplicate {
>       discard;
> }

I wouldn't do that. Message with the same message id doesn't need to be
duplicates. See the difference between this message (I put you on BCC),
you'll receive it via the mailing list AND directly. Depending on the ML
configuration the messages are NOT identical.

(ML signature, replaced Reply-To, added header lines, …)

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann