Thunderbird version 45 no longer can login via SSL

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Thu Apr 21 20:47:40 UTC 2016

All,
     Just ran into issue with the latest Thunderbird release today,
version 45.0.  This version will no longer login to our dovecot 1.2.17
version. I now this is old version but wanting to know if there is
anyone finding a solution to this?

Right now our work around is to reinstall Thunderbird version 38.7.2

Thanks...

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)
Engineering Network Services    Phone: 970-491-0630
College of Engineering, CSU     Fax:   970-491-5569
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'