Progress messages

Joel Roth joelz at pobox.com
Fri Apr 22 22:26:25 UTC 2016

Hi Dovecot maintainers,

I'm maintainer of Net::IMAP::Client, a perl IMAP client
library.[1]

I've had two bug reports related to Dovecot's in-progress
messages.[2,3]

While patches have been submitted to resolve both of these
bugs, I would like to minimize the possibilty of future
breakage. Hence the following questions:

1. Which parts of the RFC are relevant to the in-progress messages?

2. Do you have a list of all of Dovecot's in-progress messages?

3. If, in future, other in-progress messages may be added,
can you provide a standard syntax that I may use
to strip them from the reply stream.

Finally, please CC replies to me, as I am not joined to the
list.

Thank you for your attention.

Joel

1.  https://metacpan.org/pod/Net::IMAP::Client