v2.2.24 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Apr 26 20:36:25 UTC 2016

On 26 Apr 2016, at 21:52, Hauke Fath <hf at spg.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 18:20:00 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> This should be a good release. :)
>
> Would this release address the "reappearing emails" issue that 2.2.23
> introduced?

I guess you're talking about replication. I'm not aware of any specific change in v2.2.23 that could have even potentially caused it. I also don't know how I could reproduce it. Can you use git bisect to find out the specific change that broke it?

The only thing I remember even remotely related to this is https://github.com/dovecot/core/commit/950a6e61d6c2dac961ce031bdd8b2895bc32b827 but that was supposed to only fix things and I can't think of how it might break things.

One possibility is that nothing broke this in v2.2.23. I've heard about the same issue for a long time. Maybe you just suddenly started having this problem now and it would have happened even with the old Dovecot version.