Password database extra fields and SQL

Dave dovecot-e51 at deemzed.uk
Fri Apr 29 14:26:30 UTC 2016

On 29/04/2016 14:57, Matthias Fechner wrote:
 > Am 29.04.2016 um 15:49 schrieb Dave:
 >>
 >> For example, say you have a query like:
 >>
 >> password_query = SELECT hash AS password, NULLIF(active = 1, 'y') AS
 >> nologin FROM users WHERE name = '%u'
 >
 > why not using a logic like this to block users that are not active:
 >          WHERE username = '%Lu' AND active = '1' \

Hi Matthias,

	that's the logic I'm currently using, but being unable to use nologin
means having no simple way to communicate that the account is explicitly
locked rather than auth failed / not present. It seems a bit of a hack!

It also doesn't help with other boolean fields, current or future. For
example nodelay would be useful if it could be selectively set on query
for, say, webmail access.

--
Dave