SSL connection reset by peer

Vince42 dovecot at mx24.net
Thu Aug 4 18:55:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

[Olaf Hopp] - [2016-08-02 23:45]
> just a shot into the dark: if you are running out of entropy, you
> might get SSL errors. If this is a virtual machine, there are not
> many entropy sources. Consider installing alternative entropy sources
> like haveged(*), available in many distro repos.

Thank you for your hint. I followed the entropy idea when I first
encountered this strange behaviour, but there was no shortage.

Tweaking the parameters for the imap_login service seemed to fix the
problems, now I need to try to set them to reasonable values in order to
have the best compromise between "secure" and "high performance" as
described in the Dovecot wiki.

--
Cheers,                        \\|//
Vince                          (o o)