Dovecot Director self ip

Tomaž thomas at brix.si
Fri Aug 12 15:17:02 UTC 2016

Hello!
Still struggling with setting this up. Is there maybe some fix around it
or some other setting I can use?
One idea, though not for production, is to add just one IP to the config
and then add another Director with "doveadm director add ip", but this
is just for development and testing.

As far as I understand, the Director tries all IPs in the setting and
the first it can bind, it gives it as local IP - self IP. This normally
works, because default setting for net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind is set to
0. So there is probably some other way to check local IP and set it as self?

This "bug" is here for some years now, does anybody have any idea how
would it be possible to fix this?

Thank you very much for your help,
Thomas