[patch] Improved error checking for the dovecot-antispam-plugin

Harlan Stenn harlan at pfcs.com
Fri Aug 19 21:18:38 UTC 2016

Robert,

First, thanks!

Second, I'm not a committer on the dovecot project. But I've written a lot of software where if an end user has a problem and either they want to know why or if they report it and ask for help, I've found it is MUCH better to have enough info in the message given to the user/logged somewhere. Something like:

"subroutine: open(%s) failed: %m"

It reduces our support load and gives us the information we need to quickly resolve issues.

Sent from my iPhone - please excuse brevity and typos