Crash on opening mailbox

Ladislav Laska laska at kam.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Aug 22 13:50:39 UTC 2016

Well, good news and bad news.

I backed up the indexes (presumably the ~/.mbox/.imap/*) and started
tinkering:

dovecotadm -u username INBOX

did nothing, it didn't event produce a message in the log, and the
indexes were not updated. I deleted the indexes, and let dovecot rebuild
them. This fixed my inbox (good news), unfortunately, even after copying
the backed-up files back I can no longer reproduce the problem.

I looked around but didn't find any other files that dovecot could be
modifying, or did I miss something? Anyway, I think the problem will get
back soon, as it did many times before.

--
S pozdravem Ladislav "Krakonoš" Láska                http://www.krakonos.org/