maildirsize not correct

Kamil Madac kamil.madac at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 21:02:56 UTC 2016

Hi,

One of my email accounts has 1,5gb of emails in INBOX, but maildirsize
shows only 528mb. 'du' also shows 1,5gb and there are 3809 files in cur
directory.

When I use  mailbox status a can see correct values:

doveadm -f table mailbox status -u user at domain.sk "messages vsize" INBOX*
 messages
vsize

INBOX   3809     1521049349

but when I check the quotas with doveadm:

doveadm quota get -u user at domain.sk
Quota name Type     Value
Limit
%
User quota STORAGE 541391
2048000
26
User quota MESSAGE    886
-
0

I tried to delete maildirsize, but it was recalculated again incorrectly.

2097152000S
554384829 886

Dovecot version is 2.2.9 installed from packages on Ubuntu 14.04
I have other accounts on server which are have no problems with maildirsize
and quotas. Does anyone have same experience?

Kamil