Change dovecot hostname

Scott W. Sander scottwsx96 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 18:54:07 UTC 2016

Edgar,

/etc/hostname has "appserver4".  I'm using this server for more than just a
postfix+Dovecot server, so don't want to name it "mail.domain.test".

In any case, I already solved the issue I was having by adding "hostname =
mail.domain.test" to /etc/dovecot/10-master.conf and reloading the
configuration.

Easy-peasy, just doesn't appear to be well documented.

---
Scott