Automatic purging of old email in all mailboxes

Scott W. Sander scottwsx96 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 20:29:01 UTC 2016

I used this guide as the starting point for this postfix + Dovecot server:
http://www.binarytides.com/install-postfix-dovecot-debian/.

My /etc/dovecot/dovecot-users passwd-file only has username:password (as
mentioned in that article) and my userdb driver is static as laid out in
the article as well.  Therefore I do not have uid's.

As far as changing the userdb driver from static to passwd-file, I'm not
sure what the consequence of that would be for my existing mailboxes or my
Dovecot implementation in general.  Everything I needed thus far is
working, I just want to add clearing out old email automatically.