Virtual mailboxes, please help

GP secadm2007 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 13:42:07 UTC 2016

I didn't see my reply on the list , so I'm
fw again  direct to you

On 12/03/2016 02:19 AM, Peter Hodur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to setup virtual mailboxes. My setup:
>
> - migrated from Courier, so:
>
> separator = .
> prefix = INBOX.
> inbox = yes
>

> In doc i have read, thant i need to create separate namespace.
>
> namespace {  prefix = virtual/  separator = /  location =
> virtual:~/Maildir/virtual

Yes you must  create a separate namespace   like this :

namespace {
     prefix = Somename.
     separator = .
     location = virtual:~/Maildir/virtual
     type = private
     list = yes
}

> So i need to change / with . (Dot) in prefix and separator?

The separator must be the same for ALL namespaces , as the documentation
states.

> Do i need to append LAYOUT=maildir++ to location?
>
> Where must location point? To the same directory where mail_location? Or do
> i need to create separate hierarchy for virtual mailboxes?

This is tricky . I tried to create a virtual  folder namespace for use
with a public
namespace , but got into file system permission trouble.
For Individual users works OK , but you will need to administer it, because
it's not manageable from a users perspective (it's complicated).

George P.