Migrate from dovecot 1.1 to 2.2 Maildir to 2.2 mdbox

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Thu Dec 8 16:35:09 UTC 2016

Am 08.12.2016 um 11:23 schrieb Daniel Betz:
> Hello list,
>
> im am trying to migrate customer mails via dsync from an old dovecot 1.1 setup to an new installed dovecot 2.2.25 setup with mdbox.
> Upgrading the old dovecot 1.1 to 2.2 with Maildir isnt an problem and the replication to the new setup works well too.
>
> The only problem now is, that the POP3 UIDL are completely wrong on the target setup.
> Im using for Maildir pop3_uidl_format = %f
> With mdbox i cant use it anymore.
>
> But what do i need for mdbox ?
> Or is there an way to migrate the POP3 uidl list to the mdbox ?
>
> I could live with it, when i were able to mark the mails older 14 days as read. Is there an way to do this on many mailboxes ?
>
> I have read in Release News from 2.2.26 that there are some fixes with POP3 UIDL .. what is it in detail and could it help me ?
>
> Hop you can point me to the right direction.
>

> Regards,
> Daniel

For such an extrem version migration with format change you should
better use imapsync, this will also give the chance for dry runs and
testing before live migration and going production

like

https://sys4.de/de/blog/2013/04/26/mail-migration-mit-imapsync/

i "guess" you will fail migrate with POP3 uidl in that scenario in any case

> Freundliche Grüße,
>
> Daniel Betz
> System Design Engineer / Senior Systemadministration
> ___________________________________
>
> domainfactory GmbH
> Oskar-Messter-Str. 33
> 85737 Ismaning
> Germany
>
> Telefon:  +49 (0)89 / 55266-364
> Telefax:  +49 (0)89 / 55266-222
>
> E-Mail:   dbetz at df.eu<mailto:dbetz at df.eu>
> Internet: www.df.eu<http://www.df.eu/>
>
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München
> HRB-Nummer 150294, Geschäftsführer:
> Tobias Mohr, Stephan Wolfram

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG, 80333 München