doveadm

Eric Broch ebroch at whitehorsetc.com
Fri Dec 9 15:32:07 UTC 2016

On 12/8/2016 8:31 AM, Eric Broch wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I'm interested in setting up dovecot replication but when I run the
> command
> doveadm user '*', which is necessary as indicated here:
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Replication,  I get the following output:
>
> Error: User listing returned failure
> Fatal: user listing failed
>
> It also indicates the following on the wiki2: "Make sure that user
> listing is configured for your userdb, this is required by replication
> to find the list of users that are periodically replicated"
>
> I use a vpopmail backup so the question is how do I "Make sure that
> user listing is configured for...userdb"?
>
> This is my userdb settings for vpopmail:
>
> userdb {
>   args = cache_key=%u quota_template=quota_rule=*:backend=%q
>   driver = vpopmail
> }
>
> Thank-you
>
> Eric

Can anyone help me with this?

My settings (doveconf -n):

auth_cache_size = 32 M
auth_mechanisms = plain login digest-md5 cram-md5
first_valid_gid = 89
first_valid_uid = 89
log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
login_greeting = Dovecot toaster ready.
mail_plugins = " quota replication notify"
namespace {
   inbox = yes
   location =
   prefix =
   separator = .
   type = private
}
passdb {
   args = cache_key=%u webmail=127.0.0.1
   driver = vpopmail
}
plugin {
   quota = maildir:ignore=Trash
   quota_rule = ?:storage=0
}
protocols = imap pop3
ssl_cert = </var/qmail/control/servercert.pem
ssl_dh_parameters_length = 2048
ssl_key =  # hidden, use -P to show it
userdb {
   args = cache_key=%u quota_template=quota_rule=*:backend=%q
   driver = vpopmail
}
protocol imap {
   imap_client_workarounds = delay-newmail
   mail_plugins = " quota replication notify imap_quota"
}
protocol pop3 {
   pop3_client_workarounds = outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
   pop3_fast_size_lookups = yes
   pop3_lock_session = yes