v2.2.27 Debian packages on xi.dovecot.fi

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Fri Dec 16 12:37:35 UTC 2016

Op 16-12-2016 om 10:30 schreef Markus Schönhaber:
> Hi,
>
> at the moment I see only packages named *2.2.26* on xi.dovecot.fi. Can
> we expect packages for v2.2.27 to appear there?

Actually, there are packages there that have the 2.2.27 release in
there, but they are not marked as such. Ever since the git move I
haven't finished fixing the automatic version updates. It is still a
manual effort that I need to do after a release. Did that now.

However, I have a much more advanced version of the builder running in a
test environment for a while now.  It is available here (only for Jessie
atm):

http://xi.rename-it.nl/debian.new/pool/

This repository is structured quite differently. There are now two
separate package streams:

- The familiar alpha package stream "stable-auto" that follows the
Dovecot master(-2.2) and Pigeonhole master(-0.4) branches. This releases
"alpha" development packages for the upcoming release, which means that
the version numbers are always equal to the last official release +1
(this is obviously different from before). Use this package stream if
you want to follow bleeding edge development. The last version in this
package stream is "2.2.28~alpha0-1~auto+10".

- The new rc package stream "stable-rc-auto" that follows the last
Dovecot and Pigeonhole release branches. This releases "rc" release
(candidate) packages. So, once development forks from the master branch
to a new release-2.x.y branch, this package stream will output new
packages. The initial packages will have an rc0 tag. Once a real rc1
release is performed, the package version will be updated accordingly
and so forth... Once the final release is made, the rc tag is dropped
from the package version as well. Use this package stream if you want to
get more stable packages. Still, it's use is not recommended for
production systems (yes, even RC versions are sometimes horribly broken,
especially before they're finished). The last version in this package
stream is "2.2.27-1~auto+1".

I will make this the main repository soon.

Regards,

Stephan.