permissions and doveadm

Christian Kivalo ml+dovecot at valo.at
Thu Dec 22 20:55:52 UTC 2016

On 2016-12-22 20:46, dovecot wrote:
> I did an upgrade from OpenSUSE 13.1 to 13.2 (finally), and now doveadm
> fails.
dovecot is running? No errors? Other doveadm commands work?

> I went from an self-compiled source, to 'repsitory'-version
>
> (from version 2.1.6, to 2.2.13)
>
> luuk at opensuse:~/bin> id
> uid=1000(luuk) gid=100(users)
> groups=100(users),7(lp),33(video),118(vboxusers)
> luuk at opensuse:~/bin> doveadm quota recalc
> luuk at opensuse:~/bin> doveadm quota recalc -u luuk
> doveadm(luuk): Error: userdb lookup:
> connect(/usr/local/var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb) failed: Connection
> refused
Does the socket /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb exist? This looks
like a leftover from your self-compiled version. The distro packaged
version probably has all the sockets in /var/run/dovecot/.

Please show your dovecot -n

> doveadm(luuk): Fatal: User lookup failed: Internal error occurred.
> Refer to server log for more information.
Whats in the logs?

You have a problem with your configuration that needs to be fixed,
dovecot/doveadm isn't able to lookup you users.

--
  Christian Kivalo