Domains on different IPs

George Kontostanos gkontos.mail at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 12:10:37 UTC 2016

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 1:35 PM, Mark Constable <markc at renta.net> wrote:

> I want to supply separate Letsencrypt certificates for each virtual domain
> and seeing that SNI does not work I need to allocate separate IPs. Could
> anyone give some pointers, or keywords to search for, on...
>
> a) how to make dovecot listen for different domains on different IPs?
>
> b) how to configure separate SSL certs for each of these IPs?

The way we do it is by specifying each IP address and certificate in
10-ssl.conf

ssl = yes

local xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx { # instead of IP you can also use hostname, which
will be resolved

  protocol imap {

    ssl_cert = </usr/local/etc/postfix/keys/domainA.crt

    ssl_key  = </usr/local/etc/postfix/keys/domainA.key

  }

}

local xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx { # instead of IP you can also use hostname, which
will be resolved

  protocol imap {

    ssl_cert = </usr/local/etc/postfix/keys/domainB.crt

    ssl_key  = </usr/local/etc/postfix/keys/domainB.key

  }

}

Hope that helps

--