user password in mail-filter plugin

Thomas Möhle thomas at bitkomplex.de
Thu Feb 4 17:41:54 UTC 2016

Am 04.02.2016 um 17:43 schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On 04 Feb 2016, at 03:44, Thomas Möhle <thomas at bitkomplex.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to use the users password within a mail-filter script.
>> Dovecots %w variable is only available within dovecot-auth, is there any
>> way to access the password for a mail-filter?
>
> Something like this should work in recent versions:
>
> passdb {
>   ..
>   override_fields = userdb_pass=%w
> }
>
> plugin {
>   mail_filter = mail-filter %{userdb:pass}
> }

Thanks for that idea, unfortunately %{ seems to be misinterpreted and
the mail-filter script recieves the rest of the string "userdb:pass}" as
a parameter, instead of the password.

So, do I get this right? During login the content of dovecots %w
variable is supposed to be stored in a userdb field, called userdb_pass,
and the %{x} is supposed to get the content of that field?