Accessing to mail as another user

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Tue Feb 9 09:54:19 UTC 2016

Hello,

	I'm looking for a way to access to a POP/IMAP account as another user
different than me, but using my password. That is, I'm
"someone at domain.com" and I want to access to "anotherone at domain.com"
mailbox using the password of "someone at domain.com", not the
"anotherone at domain.com" (something similar to master passwords, but
without sharing any password). Obviously, in my LDAP backend I can
configure something to authorize "someone" to access to "anotherone"'s
mailbox.

	At this momment, I'm trying to use
someone at domain.com@anotherone at domain.com as username, with a passdb that
uses %{username}@%{domain_first} to authenticate the user, but I'm
having problem to configure a userdb map to get the mailbox, because the
%{domain_first} variable returns just "domain.com". To fix this, I could
use "someone at anotherone@domain.com", but this has problems with virtual
domains an different users with same username (someone at domain.com and
someone at otherdomain.com).

	Looking at documentation, at [1], in the "auth_user" variable says:
"... If username changes during authentication, this value contains the
original username..." what leads me to think that there is some way to
change the user during the authentication process, but I don't know how
or maybe I'm assuming wrong.

	Any help with this? Thank you

[1] http://wiki.dovecot.org/Variables
--