Accessing to mail as another user

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Tue Feb 9 11:13:42 UTC 2016

El 09/02/16 a las 12:03, Peter Chiochetti escribió:
> Am 2016-02-09 um 10:54 schrieb Angel L. Mateo:
>> […]
>>      Looking at documentation, at [1], in the "auth_user" variable says:
>> "... If username changes during authentication, this value contains the
>> original username..." what leads me to think that there is some way to
>> change the user during the authentication process, but I don't know how
>> or maybe I'm assuming wrong.
>
> If I fully understand, user switching is done by having userdb return
> arbitrary uid,gid,user for the principal used in authentication. After
> being switched, you ARE the other one, so in my (possibly limited)
> understanding you can no longer read your own mail. That might not be
> intended?

	To access my own mail, I would use someone at domain.com as username, not
someone at domain.com@another at domain.com.

	Looking deeply in master password documentation, I think I'll be able
to use it configure. But I'm going to need to find a way to limit the
access to just another at domain.com's mailbox, not all mailboxes.

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática