subscribe users mailbox with non-valid mutf7 chars

Matthias Lay matthias.lay at securepoint.de
Tue Feb 9 11:31:31 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I got a question if its possible to subscribe a mailbox from another
user, who contains non mutf7 valid chars in his mailbox path.

I have a private namespace which can subscribe to mailboxes of a
shared namespace with public/ prefix

in this example
username in private namespace is johnd
public username is "a & p products group"

when I try the subscription I get this one:

# doveadm mailbox subscribe -u johnd "public/a & p products group/INBOX"
doveadm(johnd): Error: Can't public/a & p products group/INBOX mailbox
subscribe to: Invalid mailbox name 'public/a & p products group/INBOX':
Missing namespace prefix 'public/a &- p products group/'

is there a way to work around this? (except for not to use usernames
like this)

greetz matze