Question on setting up dovecot

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Fri Feb 12 04:13:43 UTC 2016

I'm just getting around to reading all the helpful messages regarding my
problem and will be trying out each of the suggestions.  A very big thanks
to everyone for the supportive help.  I'll let you know what I discover.

In the meantime I wanted to mention one additional thing.  I am switching
mail over from a Solaris server to a newer Linux box and Outlook on this
Windows 7 machine has and continues to successfully communicate with the
Solaris system, downloading all the mail.  I can take the mail file from
the Linux /var/mail directory, transfer it over to the Solaris machine,
point the Windows machine at that server, and it downloads the mail without
a problem, so if Outlook is part of the trouble, it is due to some unique
interaction with dovecot.  All file permissions and ownership are identical
on both servers.  So there is some subtle issue here that I just haven't
nailed down.

Regards,
--
Jeff