Multiple quota rules from LDAP userdb?

Heiko Schlittermann hs at schlittermann.de
Fri Feb 12 10:06:42 UTC 2016

Steffen Kaiser <skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de> (Fr 12 Feb 2016 09:59:40 CET):

> On Fri, 12 Feb 2016, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
>
> >But, if I'd like to have another quota rule for a submailbox of that
> >user?
> >
> >Inventing additional LDAP attributs fooQuotaRule2, ... doesn't scale well.
>
> But that's how the config file work as well. Would you suggest the {#}
> approach OpenLDAP uses for its configuation?

Yes. It was the approach I tested, but it didn't work. Even w/o the {#},
dovecot seems to ignore all but the first attribute.

The {#} would be useful if Dovecot reads all attributes AND if the order
of the attribute's values matters.

> However, there is the generic User Extra Field:
> userdb_import

Hm, thank you. I can try this as a work around.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann