ANNOTATE plugin? Squirrel uses it for EXPIRATION information

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Sun Feb 14 11:47:19 UTC 2016

Am 13.02.2016 um 23:24 schrieb Heiko Schlittermann:
> it seems that Squirrel mail uses Mailbox annotations for storing Expire
> times on the Server. It's an Cyrus server currently. (I've no clue how
> cyrexpire is able to read it's information from the annotiations)
>
> Does dovecot support some similiar mechanism? Or - does anybody know
> anything about how it's supposed to work on Cyrus and how it can be
> emulated/simulated with dovecot?

maybe metadata could be used.

dovecot.conf:
   mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir/
   mail_attribute_dict = file:Maildir/dovecot-metadata
   imap_metadata = yes

$ doveadm mailbox metadata set -u user INBOX/subfolder /private/my_expire_info 5
-> is saved in ~user/Mailfir/dovecot-metadata

$ doveadm mailbox metadata get -u user INBOX/subfolder /private/my_expire_info
5

now you could iterate over all mailboxes and all users and do magic things.
unsolved: how could a user set values?

Andreas