dovecot Digest, Vol 154, Issue 14

Richard Platel rplatel at tucows.com
Wed Feb 17 20:30:48 UTC 2016

Thanks, Hajo

This mostly works, but we can’t seem to send an arbitrary mailbox name with UserDB, we have to initialize it in the config:

"namespace/inbox/mailbox=Junk namespace/inbox/mailbox/Junk/name"="Spam"
seems to initialize the folder somehow so that the subsequent
"namespace/inbox/mailbox/Junk/auto"="subscribe"
and
"namespace/inbox/mailbox/Junk/special_use"="\Junk"
have something to act upon.

(the first line doesn't work quite properly, however - it ends up
causing a folder named "" to show up)

we've noticed that if we set a very minimal config for the mailbox in
the main config (that wouldn't cause the mailbox to be autocreated),
that this also initializes the folder name allowing for subsequent auto
and subscribe directives to be processed for it:
namespace inbox {
 inbox = yes
 mailbox "Spam" {
   auto = no
 }
}

is there some userdb response that will simply initialize the folder
(without doing any name remapping) in the same way that the above config
lines do?

we have tried a few things based off Hajo's first line, but nothing we
guess at seems to do the trick. ie:
"namespace/inbox/mailbox"="Spam"
"namespace/inbox/mailbox=Spam"=“Spam"