RPMs for Fedora and RHEL/CentOS

Michael Seevogel michael.seevogel at ddnetservice.de
Sat Feb 20 09:55:29 UTC 2016

Am 19.02.2016 um 23:08 schrieb Deton:
> Hi Michael,
>
> thx for suggestion. Yeah, it would be cool just to rebuild Fedora
> package for RHEL 7, but unfortunately I need dovecot for RHEL 6 :\
> I found few repos that have newer version, then that in offical repo,
> but trustworthy is very important here.
>
> Thanks

Hi

you don't have to worry, because all the Fedora Dovecot src.rpms - to be
precise, the spec files - also include RHEL 6 macros and the FC src.rpms
also contain init service files, so in general it would be possible to
rebuild Dovecot 2.2.21 as a RPM also for RHEL/CentOS 6 and by comparing
the ghettoforge src.rpms with FC src.rpms they are looking pretty much
identical - well ok, perhaps except some minor rebaseing.

So, the only thing -  if you should decide to rebuild the FC src.rpm -
that you later have to take care of is to alter the ssl_cipher_list
value back to RHEL 6/7 defaults or whatever cipher list you desire.

Best regards
Michael Seevogel