Streaming MOVE commands

Emilio Jesús Gallego Arias gallego at cri.ensmp.fr
Mon Feb 22 09:46:46 UTC 2016

Thanks a lot both for your help!

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> Is this patch suitable of being backported to 2.2.13? (Debian stable)
>
> Should be.
>
> BTW. This bug only meant that some expunges were ignored, which at
> worst caused unwanted email duplicates. It didn't corrupt the mailbox
> state or the client state in any way.

Thanks for the update. Testing on 2.2.13.

"Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar at debian.org> writes:

> I don't know if the release team will allow it for stable even though
> it is a minor change but I'll definitely bring it up for their
> consideration.

Timo said the bug doesn't corrupt data, but IMVHO a case could be made
for stable-updates.

I get around 100-200 duplicated mails a day, so it really hampers the
usability of the package with my mail client (gnus).

Also, it seems that the bug be prevent people to use dsync and other
sync tools with Dovecot.

Luca, does the patch fix your dsync issues?

Unfortunately, I can't properly test the patch with 2.2.13, my mail
servers have really low mail volume to consider them "testing".

Best,
Emilio