dsync issues due to Prefix difference?

Mark Little marklittle at koallo.com
Tue Feb 23 15:32:24 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with imapc: migration?
I am trying to get a POP3/IMAP migration going from another Dovecot
installation which has a different Prefix.

I am having trouble working out exactly what needs to be done in the
configuration to get the migration working correctly.  I have some POP3
users so I want to use the proper pop3 migration plugin but the
documentation is a bit lacking.

If anyone has any experience doing this in the past:
- Do I need to include both imapc: AND pop3c: settings in the Dovecot
config on the destination server?
- When initiating the migration, should I be using pop3c: or imapc: at
the end if I need the POP3 UIDLs to be preserved?  (The documentation
gives an example of "doveadm -R -u user at domain imapc:")  Or if I have
the migration plugin enabled, will it automatically do the POP3 stuff
even if I specify "imapc:"?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.