Assertion crash: (idx * array->element_size < array->buffer->used)

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 22:16:16 UTC 2016

Log message:

 	Traceback is hex gibberish: if symbolic traceback is needed, I'll
 	recompile with "cc -g" and retest.

 	Panic: file ../../../src/lib/array.h: line 219 (array_idx_i):
 		assertion failed : (idx * array->element_size < array->buffer->used)

 	(Similar to http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2015-February/099771.html)

IMAP command that provoked the crash:

 	x1 FETCH 3 (BODY)

Dovecot version:

 	2.2.19, Solaris10
 	(I don't think doveconf -n is relevant, but willing to provide
 	if needed).

It seems like a mailbox index issue.  Removing, then recreating the
indices gets rid of the crash.  I saved these indices if it will help.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>