Queries are not being sent to solr when search on server issued via imap client.

ralph.jones at modolingo.de ralph.jones at modolingo.de
Sun Feb 28 22:59:55 UTC 2016

I traced the network communication with the solr server with tcpdump:
sudo tcpdump -i any -A -vvv port 8080

I logged into the imap server via telnet (actually openssl) and issued the command ". search body <string>". About 20 results were returned within about half a second. Nothing was seen in tcpdump. When I issue "doveadm search box <string>", I can see the search string in the output of tcpdump and also in the solr logs. Solr seems to have been initialized correctly, in that when I issue a query via curl, I receive the correct results.

I am using:
dovecot 2.2.13 (debian jessie)
libsolr-java                        3.6.2+dfsg-5

relevant config:
mail_plugins = fts fts_solr acl virtual
plugin {
  fts = solr