How to skip errors on doveadm backup for migration ?

Christoph Adomeit Christoph.Adomeit at gatworks.de
Fri Jan 8 10:50:06 UTC 2016

Hi there,

I have to migrate data out of a very old (debian 4) and buggy cyrus mailserver.
About 40 Users with 200000 Messages each.

Doveadm backup works quite well and gives me most of the mails. About every 100.000 Mail
cannot be exported by cyrus. I do not want to bother about these errors.
Maybe it is filesystem, maybe it is memory leak, or cyrus bug or whatever.

My problem is that doveadm backup exits with an error if it cannot read a mail.

Is there some way or option to make doveadm backup just skip the errors and continue with the next message ?

I want to use doveadm sync because it preserves the uids of the mails.

Imapsync works great but does not prserve uids.

cyrus2dovecot is not an option because it does not work incremental and conversion would take far too long.

Any ideas what I can do ?

Thanks
  Christoph