Hypothetical feature suggestion

Stephen Feyrer stephen.feyrer at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 21 21:12:38 UTC 2016

Hi,

Assuming one sends an E-mail which in turn requires either an update or
correction.  The current practise is to send a subsequent E-mail with the
new or corrected info.

I would like to suggest a small feature.  I recognise that this would
require that the sending application would need to support this same
feature.

The sender should be able to edit a sent email, transmit a diff of the
original and then the receiving mail store composite the changes into a
new email.  This could be with or without features to allow the review
historic versions of said E-mail.

Alternatively, regular expressions could be employed to achieve this
effect (albeit, a more complex approach).

This would provide a kind of Web 2 look on E-mail.

--
Kind regards

Stephen Feyrer