ot: data consumption IMAP vs POP

Wed Jan 27 13:54:22 UTC 2016

On 1/27/2016 1:30 AM, Steffen Kaiser <skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de> wrote:
> Sending bandwitdh can be reduced by using BCC instead of the IMAP append
> to the sent mailbox.

Hi Steffen,

Can you elaborate on this?

I would have thought that the IMAP Append command would *save* bandwidth
(as opposed to having the client save a copy to the Sent folder, thereby
uploading the full message a second time).

I want to revisit this with Timo, because there was supposedly a pretty
simple way that we could achieve the same thing that gmail does - auto
save all sent messages to the designated Sent folder server side,
thereby allowing us to disable the 'Save to Sent' function in the client.