Dovecot with Maildir

John Williams john.1209 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 30 22:26:12 UTC 2016

Folks,
I'm trying to get dovecot to check a for mail in a maildir format on Ubuntu.
Mail is being delivered to and from the system.  I can send and receive mail using Pine & Mutt.  But I cannot seem to get dovecot to work with the maildir.  So I can't check for mail using Dovecot.

This is what I'm using for reference:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Dovecot

I believe (not sure actually) the answer is in the mail_location variable for Dovecot.  This is what I've tried so far:
#mail_location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u#mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/%u/Maildir#mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir:INDEX=/var/mail/%umail_location = maildir:/var/mail/%u/Maildir
Mail is being delivered and I can send mail out with Postfix.  But Dovecot not working.
Any idea why?
Thanks in advance!