Dovecot 2.2.21 - segfault

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Sun Jan 31 11:30:17 UTC 2016

On Jan 31, 2016, at 4:26 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> There's no way it can crash here, unless something's badly broken. Either a buggy compiler or maybe memory corruption earlier in the process. Can you reproduce it? Can you run it via valgrind?

I’ve been tracking this with an open bug in FreeBSD as well, because I felt the same way. FreeBSD team saying it looked like a program bug; hence the reason why I had to install the system libs with all debug symbols.

Two things I may try depending on their feedback now is probably clang sanitizers (valgrind alternative) or maybe try compiling dovecot with GCC instead of clang and see if the problem persists.

--
Robert
inoc.net!rblayzor