Feature Request

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Mon Jul 4 21:39:18 UTC 2016

I would like to request an additional optional argument for queue-id to dovecot-lda.  The intended use for this argument is to include in the logging.  From what I can tell, the queue-id size is not consistent between the various MTAs and so would need to be allocated dynamically when read during initialization.

This element in the log messages would make it easier to find the trace of a received email.  Generally I can easily get the queue-id generated by postfix (or sendmail - I use both).  One grep would then give me the whole picture rather than having to dig out the message-id and doing a secondary grep to obtain the lda log messages.

— Doug

I find it interesting that every submission to this list results in a quick response that says moderation is required since I "am not a member". However, I am a member...