is it possible to run a post-login script in a dovecot proxy with local auth?

Luca Lesinigo luca at lm-net.it
Mon Jul 4 23:14:55 UTC 2016

We’re using dovecot v2.2.22, authenticating on a local database (passdb with sql driver), and then proxying the connections to the backend server returned by passdb (proxy=y and backend in “host” column). To support some legacy clients we should keep POP/IMAP-before-SMTP running for some time, but right know I don’t know how to hook up a successful authentication in the dovecot proxy.

I did read from http://wiki2.dovecot.org/PostLoginScripting:
	“...it's not currently possible to run post-login scripts in proxies, because they're not actually logging in to the local Dovecot”
Does that also holds true even if the proxy is authenticating users locally before proxying them?

Failing that, any idea on how to get successful logins, other than parsing the log file?

thank you,
--
Luca Lesinigo