Dovecot 2.2.25 compiling error

Mart Pirita sysadmin at e-positive.ee
Thu Jul 7 22:14:19 UTC 2016

Aki Tuomi wrote:
> This has been now fixed in master-2.2 with
>
> https://github.com/dovecot/core/commit/20e802d6bbf4ddad3a2140a2f7812d01de0ec2ef
> https://github.com/dovecot/core/commit/d9c865ce774aae9f2f17b89e7e94c3cfca29dea7
>
> Our testings indicate that you can compile 2.2.25.1 on CentOS5 with
> these applied.

Well, tried with or without patches, but got still same error:

sha1.h:80: error: static or type qualifiers in abstract declarator

Editing config.h, #define STATIC_ARRAY static > #define STATIC_ARRAY
does help, but as configure generates via confdefs.h config.h file, then
it's overwritten every time by configure:

if test $i_cv_c99_static_arrays = yes; then
  static_value=static
else
  static_value=
fi

cat >>confdefs.h <<_ACEOF
#define STATIC_ARRAY $static_value
_ACEOF

So finally I just manually removed, as a dirty workaround, the
STATIC_ARRAY value from test result "yes":

if test $i_cv_c99_static_arrays = yes; then
  static_value=
else
  static_value=
fi

And dovecot compiled fine from latest, unpatched dovecot-2.2.25.tar.gz
source. During rpm install I got error, that this build depends on
libstats_auth.so and found that it have to be in /usr/lib/dovecot/stats
folder, so I included it in spec file and rebuilt rpm again and
installed it.

So far all OK.

--
Mart