Dovecot threading implementation

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Fri Jul 8 16:20:08 UTC 2016

Hi,
I was trying to compare avrious thread refs/references implementation, both server side and client side.
While testing dovecot, it looks to me that issuing thread=references or thread=refs I get the same response, while the refs drafts says it should reverse the date ordering inside a branch.
Is this correct? Does Dovecot implements references and refs with same sorting?
Also, cyrus has subject grouping included in references (which is bad!). What's dovecot doing in references alg?
Thanks for any help,
Gabriele
Sonicle S.r.l.
: