passdb {driver = shadow args = override_username=%variable}

William L. Thomson Jr. wlt-ml at o-sinc.com
Mon Jul 11 16:48:29 UTC 2016

On Saturday, July 09, 2016 12:01:43 PM UNIX admin wrote:
> Hello list
>
> I want to implement override_username = %variable for the "shadow"
> driver, so that the following works:
>
> passdb {
>   driver = shadow
>   args = override_username=%Ln
> }
>
> by "%variable", I mean "Variables" at http://wiki.dovecot.org/Variables.

That is pretty interesting, and along those lines. Could override_username also allow one
to block certain usernames from being synced?

My mail server monitoring uses the nobody user account. That triggers syncing for the
nobody user account. Which always fails syncing. I end up running the following command
allot to avoid repeat errors in logs.

"doveadm replicator remove nobody"

I have not found a way to block users from passdb. Seems to be all or nothing. I could see
about having monitoring use an actual account.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Obsidian-Studios, Inc.