quota config - when is the warning messag send?

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Thu Jul 14 09:34:10 UTC 2016

Hi,

we run dovecot 2.2.24 and from what I see, quota management with warning
message is configured currently with "noenforcing".

Our individual quota limit is stored in the users ldap DN which is
fetched as I see from the logs and by "doveadm quota get -u"

I tried to trigger the warning mail by going over the limit on my
account step by step and can see that values are counted with the
command above and in thunderbird by showing the orange and than red
warning symbol at the bottom for me.

But the warning mail script is not triggert. How may I debug this?

from 90-quota.conf:

service quota-warning {
  executable = script /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh
  user = vmail # dovecot
  unix_listener quota-warning {
    user = vmail
  }
}

/usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh is owned currently by vmail and
executable by vmail.

Thanks for feedback and suggestion . /Götz