controlling STARTTLS by IP address

Michael Fox news at mefox.org
Fri Jul 15 17:24:21 UTC 2016

KSB:
> Just curious, it is transferred in some RSxxx serial protocol?

The expectation is that the unencrypted traffic will be used for clients on an Ethernet network behind a radio operating on amateur radio frequencies according to FCC Part 97 rules.  The radio could be:
-- 56+kbps UHF, such as the upcoming UDRX-440 by NW Digital Radio
-- WiFi radio using BBHN or AREDN mesh software
-- WiFi radio using commercial software, but operated under FCC Part 97 (amateur radio) rules, instead of Part 15 (commercial/consumer) rules
-- ... or maybe something else

It won't be the bulk of our traffic, but it is important since it is part of the county's emergency communications plan.

I don't want to hijack this list with amateur radio stuff.  Curious hams can contact me off list at n6mef at mefox dot org.

Michael