an e-mail client for dovecot ?

Marc Stürmer mail at marc-stuermer.de
Mon Jul 18 08:50:26 UTC 2016

Am 2016-07-16 10:02, schrieb Spyros Tsiolis:

> For some years now, I've been using Thunderbird for dovecot.
> I am not very satisfied with t/b so I thought of using m/s outlook
> but then I thought that I want to distance my clients from office
> products.

The last somewhat usable Outlook version with IMAP is 2010, period. All
versions after that have been crippled on IMAP by Microsoft on purpose.
All versions >= 2013 don't support the header only download of an email
anymore, have crappy auto detection of standard folders like trash etc.,
and will always try to sync all mails to their local mail storage.

Also mail check is quite unstable, bugged and quite slow. In short:
nothing you want to use with IMAP.

> I have a newly created dovecot installation on a very small site.
> Three nodes, all x86 Windows 7 professional with an ubuntu v14.04
> server (x86 again) running dovecot 1.2.17.

Dovecot 1.2.X is ancient. You should really consider upgrading to the
recent version!

> Since I have quite some experiece with thunderbird, I know most of
> its shortcomings; So I thought if there's an alternative (better?)
> imap mail client for x86 windows 7 systems than t/b.

emClient, maybe.