Absolute path in SUBSCRIPTIONS

Miloslav Hůla miloslav.hula at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 13:52:46 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm using following two namespaces with Dovecot 2.2.13-12~deb8u1:

namespace inbox {
   inbox = yes
   list = yes
   location =
   prefix = INBOX.  # the previous Cyrus compatibility
   separator = .
   subscriptions = yes
   type = private
}

namespace {
   inbox = no
   list = children
   location =
maildir:/vmail/user/%%n/Maildir:INDEXPVT=/vmail/user/%n/Maildir/Shared/%%n
   prefix = user.%%n.
   separator = .
   subscriptions = yes
   type = shared
}

For the shared namespace, the subscriptions are stored globally in
'/vmail/user/%%n/Maildir/subscribtions' which is bad for me. I would
like too keep subscriptions per user.

I cannot set 'subscriptions = no' because I have no parent namespace.
And when I set

:SUBSCRIPTIONS=/vmail/user/%n/Maildir/subscriptions-shared

it does not work (absolute path does not work) and it creates file in:

/vmail/user/%%n/Maildir/vmail/user/%n/Maildir/subscriptions-shared
instead of
                        /vmail/user/%n/Maildir/subscriptions-shared

I found, that relative path hack works:

:SUBSCRIPTIONS=../../%n/Maildir/subscriptions-shared

but I'm not sure it is the legitimate solution.

Are there other options?

Kind regards, Milo