Replication sieve scripts.

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Jul 21 15:19:25 UTC 2016

Op 21-7-2016 om 15:50 schreef Luescher Claude:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the advice. I have looked for the libs and here is the
> difference:

[...]
> First problem I notice is this
> /home/vmail/company.com/user1 at company.com//.dovecot.sieve missing. Is
> this supposed to be a file or a directory?
> The second sieve_global_dir, I don't need global rules.
> The third is this minus gid=-1  value. The user/group/rights on that
> directory is not different from the mail dirs (where the replication
> works):
>
> ls -al /home/vmail/company.com/user2 at company.com//sieve
> drwx--S--- 2 vmail vmail 4096 Jul 21 15:17 tmp
>
> The important directory for me is the siev_after because roundcube
> vacation plugin puts the sieves in there for example:
>
> -rw------- 1 vmail vmail  413 Jul 21 15:23 01_vacation.sieve
> -rw------- 1 vmail vmail  124 Jul 21 15:23 01_vacation.svbin
> -rw-r--r-- 1 vmail vmail  193 Feb 26  2014 antispam.sieve
> -rw-r--r-- 1 vmail vmail  272 Apr 13  2015 antispam.svbin
>
> Gets created after setting out of office message but will not get
> replicated to the other node.
>
> As I have showed in my earlier doveconf output is defined:
>
>  sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
>   sieve_after = ~/sieve_after
>   sieve_dir = ~/sieve
>   sieve_duplicate_period = 1h
>   sieve_extensions = +editheader
>   sieve_max_redirects = 20
>
> And the sieve scripts work locally per server they are just not
> replicating as they should be.

There is your problem. The sieve_after/sieve_before settings usually
point to administrator-controlled global scripts. Therefore, these are
not replicated by the doveadm_sieve plugin. Only the user's scripts in
the ~/sieve directory and the active script marked by ~/.dovecot.sieve
(symlink) are replicated.

Regards,

Stephan.